Hi everyone! I’m guessing most everyone is on summer vacation now. At least for me, being on summer means I have time to do things I actually like.
For example: baking. During the school year I’m super busy and it is rare for me to be able to drop everything and bake.
One of of my favorite things to do is make something out of ingredients we already have on hand. Yesterday I was looking for something to bake, I found some jello in our pantry and decided to put it to use.
The result is amazing. Not only are the cookies super tasty, but the jello makes them very vibrant.
Another great thing about these cookies is that they can be easily changed up. You can easily combine any flavors you have on hand.
In in my case I used blue and red jello to make patriotic colored cookies.
- 1 box white cake mix
- Red and blue jello
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients together except the jello.
- Separate the dough into three separate parts and add approximately 1/3 of a pack of jello to each part.
- Mix until the Jello is thuroughly incorporated.
- Put all three colors into the same bowl and hand mix slightly (if you mix too much you won't be able to see the individual colors).
- Scoop the dough out into medium sized balls and bake at 325 for 11-13 minutes.
- Allow them too cool on the tray for several minutes.
Thanks for reading everyone! Does anyone have any fun plans for the summer?