A couple months ago ago I found out that I’m lactose intolerant. It’s been a pretty crazy experience trying to take the dairy out of my diet. Sometimes I will splurge on a little bit of dairy (and pay for it later), but for the most part I’m trying to stay away from dairy as much as possible.
Me and my mom have been trying out lots of different milk free recipes and snacks (like these homemade granola bars). One of the other things we’ve been making a lot is this delicious homemade dairy-free white bread!
It is delicious! I honestly like this bread better than the packaged sandwich bread from the store! You can’t even taste the lack of dairy. It is super easy… you don’t even need a bread maker!
One quick little thing about me: I’m a gluten addict! I seriously don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t have gluten! So when I found out bread has dairy in it I was super sad! But this bread totally compensates for it!
Oh and one other important thing, all the ingredients are things you most likely have in your kitchen! So there is no need to go and buy ingredients that you’ve never heard of.
- 1 c. lukewarm water
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 11 1/4 c bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- combine water, yeast, and sugar in a stand mixer.
- Add flour.
- Knead the dough using a dough hook until the dough is smooth.
- Add salt and olive oil to the dough and continue to knead it until it is smooth.
- Cover the bowl with the bread in it with a towel and let it rest on the counter for an hour.
- Put dough on floured surface and form as desired.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes